Sunday, May 15, 2022

8th Homophones

Homophone

a. Pick out the correct homophone.

  1. I am not ____ to drink soda, (aloud, allowed)
  2. The wind _____ the leaves, (blue, blew)
  3. I will _____ my friend, (meat, meet)
  4. He will play the _____ in the second play, (role, roll)
  5. I have_______movie before.(scene,seen)

Answer:

  1. allowed
  2. blew
  3. meet
  4. role
  5. seen

b. Choose the correct homophone.

Question 1.
Every morning my father likes to look at the ______ on the grass
(a) due
(b) dew
Answer:
(b) dew

Question 2.
Chennai is the____ of Tamilnadu
(a) capitol
(b) capital
Answer:
(b) capital

Question 3.
Their words had a negative
(a) affect
(b) effect
Answer:
(b) effect

Question 4.
I was very last weekend because my friends made plans that
(a) bored
(b) board
Answer:
(a) bored

Question 5.
The cat caught the
(a) scent
(b) cent
Answer:
(a) scent

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tn Election Filled Forms

Tn Election Filled Forms